I am a technical person, insisting on quality work easy to maintain, using standand technologies as much as possible. I graduated from The University of Hong Kong with first class honours in 2016.
My strength is computer programming. I won numerous prizes in different programming contests in these few years, using my skills of writing easy-to-maintain code. Apart from computer programming, I am also good in orienteering, where I participated in the World Trail Orienteering Championship in 2017 and 2018 as a Hong Kong team member.
Being a technical person does not mean coding or dealing with machines all the times. I am also a scout leader, hold some key positions in clubs and organise activities.
My competitive experience
As a Hong Kong representative
- International Olympiad in Informatics (2009, 2011, 2012)
- Bronze medal in 2011 and 2012
- National Olympiad in Informatics (2011): silver medal
- World Trail Orienteering Championships (2017, 2018)
Other notable competitions
- 2nd Egypt International Trail Orienteering Championship (TempO) (2018): 2nd place
- Hong Kong Trail Orienteering Championships (PreO) 2016: 1st runner-up
- Hong Kong Trail Orienteering Championships (TempO) 2016: Champion
- ACM-HK Programming Contest 2015 (team BIG BOSS): Champion
- ACM/ICPC 2014 Guangzhou Asia (team IT Genius): Bronze medal
- ACM/ICPC 2012 Hanoi Asia (team IT Genius): First Prize (third place)
- Hong Kong Olympiad in Informatics 2008 – 2012: gold prize (best young contestant in 2008 and 2009)
Things I do
- PHP (It's now safer and safer since PHP 7)
- UNIX shell script (I wrote my own backup script on my server, already working for years)
- C++ (I like auto and lambdas very much!)
- Java (not my favourite)
- HTML5 (I make this all by myself)
- Haskell (Programming using math formulæ!)
- orienteering (find me in a local race!)
- open water swimming
- sailing (including windsurfing)
- bridge (card game)
I set up my Debian server all by myself, making it the core infrastructure of all my digital assets, allowing me to access it everywhere from the internet, anytime. It includes:
- IPv6 (Are you viewing this thru IPv6? See the bottom of this page! )
- CalDAV / CardDAV (I am using my server to host my calendar.)
- and much more...